Simple post update with my recent works focused around Manchester. You can find all those images as usual on my Instagram. However I would want to post them one by one on this blog therefore I decided to make periodic updates containing batch, share worthy images gathered throughout recent trips and assignments.
by Tomasz Kozak
Few of my best photos from my two night trip to London. I focused mainly on night images as in my opinion this city look best. It was just kinda painful to carry heavy tripod all day long just to be able to take few photos during sunset and the blue hour.
In this post I will list my favorite locations for creating Manchester cityscapes and night photographs. You can click at each location to see it on google maps.
2. MEN arena car park. Located near Victoria station. Very easy access. No one ever asked me to leave while I was shooting even though I usually have tripod with me and that seems to set people of. If you are into long exposure photography this location is quite nice as we have trams, trains and busy Cheetham Hill road in front of us leaving plenty light to capture.
3. Salford quays exchange car park. Recently discovered location perfect for capturing Manchester skyline. If you come after sunset you will be able to do some long exposure shots capturing light streaks left by passing trams. There is only one composition that really works at this spot since other side is obstructed by buildings.
4. River Irwell reflections. Perfect place for a walk or cycle from city centre to Salford Quays area. You can capture some amazing reflections along the river (if weather is still enough) together with light streaks.
5. New Bailey car park. This location will be very appealing to the eye once road works are done and construction sides are completed. It is very messy around there at the moment. What I like about this spot is curvy road ahead that creates nice composition especially if you are into long exposure photography as much as I am.
6. Shudehill car park. Maybe not the best views but I decide to include into my list anyway. Just across, there is another spot with few interesting photo opportunities displayed as example on second image.
7. Green Quarter top floor apartment building. Photos are taken through the glass window of 15th floor staircase. This location is recommended only for dedicated photographers since you need to be super sneaky to get inside.
Bonus location – Acort Court. This one offers best Manchester skyline I manage to find. Unfortunately it’s not possible to get there as building is well protected. I had privilege to take those photos from my fried apartment balcony.
If anyone know some good locations around Manchester please don’t hesitate to leave comment below.
Also most recent photo updates as always you can find on Instagram.
I've been wondering around city centre of Manchester snapping some long exposure photos with focus on light streaks. It's time to share few of my favorite... First two images were quite risky to make since I had leave camera in between passing trams and shutter release using my phone. Fortunately nothing bad happened to my gear and I end up with satisfying images.
Sunny days in Manchester at this time of the year are the rarity. Therefore every time we have them I don’t hesitate a moment to get on one of my cycling trips around the town. For this evening I’ve planned to get on top of First street car park and get a long exposure shot of passing trains during blue hour light. Unfortunately my presence was quickly discovered and I was accused of trespassing and removed from locations by very angry, impolite watchman. I believe I was spotted in the elevator wearing black with tripod on my back probably looking like bazooka or some sort of heavy weaponry. Obviously I’ve looked like terrorist. However, this location I quite nice and most certainly I will be back another day!
I manage to get one photo (last one in gallery) with composition I was going for but unfortunately it wasn’t yet dark enough to achieve desired effect.
Idea for this photoshoot was simple... Capture newly rebuilded metrolink pathway between Deansgate and Castlefield under light of blue hour.